OSCA is the only professional organization that solely represents and advocates for the interests of professional school counselors in Ohio. Your membership brings you many benefits among which are professional development activities at a reduced cost, a professional newsletter and trained leadership to answer your questions and listen to your concerns. Perhaps the most important advantage in this time of educational change is the combination of strong advocacy and the growing relationship with ODE. OSCA strives to represent Ohio's school counselors and to promote professionalism and ethical practice.
OSCA's Mission Statement:
The Ohio School Counselor Association empowers, unites and supports professional school counselors in their role of promoting student success.
OSCA's Strategic Plan/Goals:
- OSCA will facilitate professional development opportunities in areas of relevant issues to all school counselors both with district and the state.
- OSCA will provide relevant and current information to enhance school counselor's knowledge, skill and professionalism.
- OSCA will proactively obtain, evaluate, communicate and impact legislative policy that pertains to school counselors and child advocacy.
- OSCA will promote professionalism and ethical standards in school counseling.
- OSCA will develop strategic partnerships to cultivate and enhance the school counseling profession.
- OSCA will promote and encourage cultural competency and diversity within the school counseling profession and leadership.